Here is a list of what they are:
● New columns:
Columns have been added in the Client Table for Marital Status and Date of Birth of Partner.
● Small Business
The Small Business Tax tab can be found when navigating through the Client table. A record will be added for every year-end automatically and will pull through to the Financials AND Corporate tax returns table as Qualifies or Does Not Qualify. Find out more by clicking here.
● Dormant client, zero return indication:
If a client’s status is marked as dormant in the Client table but CIPC annual returns, Corporate Tax or VAT Returns are switched on as services for that client, a note will pull through to these tasks in the task tables showing ‘Dormant – File Zero Return’.
● Company Logo:
You can now add your company logo under Firm Settings
In a future upgrade, this will be linked to the invoices generated through DataGrows.
● CIPC annual return fee calculator
When adding annual turnover in the CIPC Annual Returns table, the annual return fee now auto-calculates according to the Companies Act schedule once the record is saved.
● Manage multiple firms on one Database
If your team works under multiple firm names, you can now add all of them to your database. If you go to Firm Settings, you can click on Add Record to add additional firms. In the Client table, a new column has been added where you can connect clients to each firm. In our next rollout, we will group our reports per firm so you can view each individually.
● Ready for IT submission
Once the Progress field is marked as Ready for IT Submission in the Financials Table, the Progress tab in the Corporate Tax Table for that client for that same year-end will automatically update to show Ready For IT Submission.
Improvements & Error Corrections
● The Client Summary report found in the Client Table now indicates all directors and shareholders for a company as well as all companies that a director is a part of, for Directors and Individuals.
● All Periods will now display on the Billing report to show which period work was timed for. Retainers also now pull through correctly regardless of time worked. If you haven’t set up your rates and retainers yet and would like to utilize this report to streamline your billing, please book a meeting with one of our support staff by emailing Support@mydatagrows.com so we may help you set it up.
● The filter had a bug where it would sometimes land on a blank page. This has been corrected and will now only show a blank page if no results were found.
● The Internal client code will now pull through to all tables next to the client name in the Client Name column.
● We have had a few questions regarding the workflow in the Accounting table and the Financials table regarding how the tasks reassign between the Accountant, Partner and Manager. You can read more about it by clicking on either the Accounting table or Financials table link above.
● My Account has been changed to Settings in the bottom left corner of the app.
We have added a User detail section here that relates to each individual login.
● Global Column Preferences: When you manage columns, you now have the ability to check the Global option. This new column order will then apply to your entire team if they have not set up their own custom view yet.
Our automated emails used to contain standard text. You now have the ability to add your own text that will send out with your automated emails. Simply click on the email process, which text you would like to alter and type your message. Find out more here…
You can now link your Office 365 email to DataGrows so automated emails can be sent from your email. Users that would like to make use of this functionality must be logged in to DataGrows with an email that is linked to a Microsoft Office 365 license. The first round of integrations will apply to the ‘Please send bank statements' email. The rest of our automated emails will be integrated in the next round of upgrades. Click here to read more about the integration.
That’s all for now.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we need to move our next management features webinar to Tuesday, 23 May, from 09:00 – 10:00. Here is the link if you would like to attend.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 856 8764 0046
We hope you enjoy these updates. Please send us your feedback and any requests for additional changes to email@example.com
As always, our team is here to assist you in every step of your journey with DataGrows, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your continued support!